Property Standards

In order to assist landlords, this brochure sets out the minimum property standards required for the guaranteed rent service operated by My London Pad. It is a summary and should be used as a guide when considering works to bring your property up to the minimum standard. These guidelines are generic and subject to change in accordance with legislation, housing standards and contractual requirements..

Certification and Documentation

Gas safety certificate

An annual gas safety check is to be carried out by a Gas Safe registered contractor with a copy of the pass certificate provided.

Energy performance certificate

Landlords are required to provide an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

Electrical installation safety certificate

A periodic inspection certificate is to be carried out by an N.I.C.E.I.C or N.A.P.I.T registered electrician.

Proof of ownership

Provide proof that you are the legal owner of the property.

Buildings Insurance

We require a copy of the current buildings insurance policy. Insurance policies must clearly state that your property is covered for homeless households or DSS tenants to be in occupation (nominated by a local authority). Note: The above documentation and certification must be supplied to us prior or on the final inspection. We can arrange and complete the required certification on your behalf. Please contact us for further assistance.